Sunday, April 4, 2010

Addendum to final project ideas

"I have become aware of how raw nature is in a state of change and how that change is the key to understanding. I want my art to be sensitive and alert to changes in material, season and weather...At its most successful, my ‘touch’ looks into the heart of nature; most days I don’t even get close. These things are all part of the transient process that I cannot understand unless my touch is also transient—only in this way can the cycle remain unbroken and the process complete. I cannot explain the importance to me of being part of the place, its seasons and changes."
-Andy Goldsworthy

Maybe I want to make a piece about spring.

I don't think I'm interested in making a piece about nature for the sake of nature. But about the negotiations that take place between built and natural environments, and how we navigate those divisions, yes.


A catalogue of Andy Goldsworthy's work:
http://www.goldsworthy.cc.gla.ac.uk/about/

No comments:

Post a Comment