Sunday, March 21, 2010

Paper dolls

I've gotten a bit side-tracked this weekend. I started playing around with paper in order to practice precision with the exacto knife, and ended up making two relatively complete collages with old wallpaper samples.

Invisible friend

Plastic surgery

I haven't really gotten around to playing with the projector that much, but I've found images to use for the assignment, and I think I have a pretty good idea of how I've going to combine cut material/silhouette/negative space with projection. We'll see.

I think that after spending so much time and energy on one large-scale piece over the past couple weeks, I'm finding it really satisfying to be able to start and finish pieces over the course of several hours. I'd forgotten how much I like working in 2-D, and on a smaller scale, sometimes.

Other works on paper ideas:

-Two twisted pop-up illustrations: 1) Child's hand pouring salt from a salt shaker onto a snail. 2) Child's hand holding magnifying glass over an ant

-Silhouette of child's hands making two Barbies kiss

-Paper cut stop motion on a loop of a hamster on a hamster wheel, projected onto a moving turntable playing the "William Tell Overture"

No comments:

Post a Comment