Monday, March 15, 2010

Some Pictures from Class Today



So, despite the fact that I'm not completely prepared for my midterm tomorrow, I feel like it was worth it to spend as much time as we did on building the litter this weekend. I'm more proud of this piece than most I've worked on-- I think it seems (and looks) the most complete of any sculptures I've done, and less like a mock-up. Last semester, I learned a lot about my creative process, and came up with some really cool ideas, had some interesting collaborations, but with the exception of a couple pieces, I didn't necessarily come up with any end products that I'm satisfied with. And this is a piece that I am basically satisfied with (I'll be more satisfied when we do some touch-ups with spray paint, and also if the presentation aspect turns out as hoped).

I really enjoyed collaborating with Jake. We didn't quite click at the beginning of the process, we were a little bit stuck, a little to polite, neither one that engaged with the idea, but we managed to push past that, and I think we came up with an idea that we were able to execute (for time and expertise reasons) only as a team. I hope we're able to maintain that kind of positive collaboration as we finalize the plan for Wednesday. I wish I was better able to understand what makes a successful collaboration, and how to make it happen. In class today, I also came to the conclusion that there are probably groups of people who just can't work well together-- the process might be a good learning experience, but they might not be able to reach a conclusion they're satisfied with. I don't think it's that any individual can't collaborate, just that certain pairs/groups don't work well together.

I am so excited for the next assignment.

As promised, some photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment